A Night of Glitz, Glamour, and Global Impact: The 2nd Annual AFRO Awards Celebrates Humanitarian Excellence
Hollywood, CA – September 16th, 2023 – The 2nd Annual AFRO Awards, held on September 16th, 2023, at the prestigious Directors Guild of America in Hollywood, proved to be an unforgettable celebration of humanitarian excellence and cultural significance. With a
star-studded guest list and a remarkable lineup of honorees, this event exceeded all expectations, leaving a lasting impression on attendees and the global community.
The highlight of the evening was the recognition of accomplished individuals who have made indelible contributions to society and culture. To name a few of these luminaries included:
● Lifetime Achievement Award: The incomparable Actor and Director, Richard Lawson, whose decades-long career has left an indomitable mark on the world of entertainment.
● AFRO Awards Presidential Award: Awarded to the Mayor of Los Angeles, Karen Bass for her sustained social services and extraordinary accomplishments across the globe.
● AFRO Awards Bravery Award: Awarded to Culture’s Critic, Host & CEO of Hollywood Unlocked, Jason Lee for his meritorious acts of bravery against all odds and distinguishing himself by performing outstanding deeds of bravery and seeking to inspire
● Red Carpet Royalty of The Year Award: Awarded to TV Host, Journalist, Actress, Writer, and Former Miss Kenya, Rachel Mbuki for her very best hosting nature and fashion innovations across Hollywood’s red carpets.
● Fashion Icon of The Year Award: Awarded to Fashion Model and Founder of BalangNyal Foundation, Nyakim Gatwech for her unforgettable Fashion assemblements making a significant impact on popular culture across international
platforms and her invaluable contributions that have changed the entire fashion landscape.
● AFRO Awards Best New Artist & Content Creator of The Year Award: Awarded to Artist, Songwriter, Entertainer, and Performer IS0Kenny for achieving a breakthrough into the public consciousness and impacting the musical and digital content landscape.
● AFRO Awards King’s Award: Awarded to King of Ibadan, Olubadan of Ibadan, HIM. OBA DR. Olalekan Moshood Balogun for his outstanding achievement in international innovations, sustainable developments, and promoting opportunities across the globe.
● Best Male Actor of The Year Award: Awarded to Actor, Director, Writer, and Assistant Professor, Bayo Akinfemi for his outstanding performance in a TV series and excellence in cinematic achievements.
● Finance Innovator of The Year Award: Awarded to Founder of Agic Energy North America and Agic Group Holdings, Chief Duran Alabi for his outstanding contributions and innovations within the banking industry.
● Men of Impact of The Year Award: Awarded to Ambassador-Consulate General of Los Angeles and Kenya, Dr. Thomas Big Ted Kwaka for his fierce forwardness, initiatives, and positive impact on businesses, society, and the environment across the globe.
● Social Mover of The Year Award: Awarded to Nurse, Entrepreneur, Philanthropist, Founder of Health4Peace Foundation, and CEO of Maisondene Inc., Nathalie Beasnael for her sight beyond frivolity to use her social numbers and heightened platform to change the world for the better.
● Achievement In Filmmaking Award: Awarded to Filmmaker, and Founder of Nollywood in Hollywood, Ose Oyamendan for his polished filmmaking achievements in creating compelling stories, contributions to the motion picture industry, and his devotion to the Nigerian-American premise.
● Outstanding Network Program of The Year Award: Awarded to Multi-Choice Nigeria limited network, AFRICA MAGIC for their outstanding network platform and delivering program services across the globe.
● Airline of The Year Award: Awarded to private flight servicing agency, AIR PEACE for being the best in the airline industry with excellent service.
● Business Tycoon of The Year Award: Awarded to Business Owner, Filmmaker, and musician, Monica Omorodion Swaida for her outstanding accomplishments and dedication to bringing about positive change in the business, film, and music sectors.
● Collaborative Practice of The Year Award: Presented to Paul Mwaura Mwangi, Founder and President of Staff Today Inc., for his outstanding contributions to collaborative practices.
● Global Cultural Thought Leader of The Year Award: Celebrating a true community activist and Founder of Crownz Society 19 Keys.
● Best Female Actor of The Year Award: Awarded to the multi-talented Actress, Comedian, and Producer, Gina Yashere, for her outstanding contributions to the film and entertainment industry.
● AFRO Awards Governors Award: Recognizing the immense impact of Global Media Entertainment Executive and Head of Content & Brand: The Africa Channel, Aval L. Hall.
● Women of Impact of The Year Award: Presented to renowned Casting Director, Danielle Crawley, for her groundbreaking work in the industry.
● Executive of The Year Award: Acknowledging the visionary Entertainment Executive and Founder of the Influencers Brunch, Tarek Terk Stevens, presented by his good friend, Actor Morris Chestnut.
● AFRO Awards Merit Award: Honoring Amberr Washington, Co-Founder and Vice President of the HAPA Awards, for her exceptional contributions.
● Business Tycoon of The Year Award: Conferred upon the dynamic Founder of Spectrum Solution, Phill Westbrooks, for his remarkable achievements.
● Breakout Star Actor of The Year Award: Awarded to the promising Child Actor, Innocent Ekakite, for his exceptional talent and promise.
● Excellence in Global Healthcare of The Year Award: Recognizing the renowned Plastic Surgeon and President of Global Health Solution, Dr. Michael K. Obeng, for his extraordinary work.
● AFRO Awards Artist of The Year Award: Recording Artist, Songwriter, and Actor, Yung Muusik, for his exceptional artistry. Special Presenters and Attendance included: Morris Chestnut (American Actor), May Odiakosa (President of STAR Beer USA), Chris Attoh (Actor, Director, and Filmmaker), Deontay Wilder (American Professional Boxer), Oba Yisa Olushola Olaniyan (King Onipokia of Ipokia
Land), Buddy Lewis (American Comedian and Actor), Petri Hawkins-Byrd (American Court Show Bailiff), Ezinne Iroanya (Founder of SKNMUSE), James Henry (TV Host, Actor, Comedian, and Tiktok Influencer), Laide Bakare (Actress and Founder or Simline Int Production), Herb Bohanon (Entertainment Specialist), Dotun Taylor (African Culture Historian and Filmmaker), Joia John (Fashion Model and Founder of Esteemed Collective Agency), Chidi Udengwu Jr. (Director of Naija Nation), Dr. Lance (Global Economist), Beverly Peele (Supermodel), Olufemi Ogedegbe (Actor, Filmmaker and Activist), Synoria Anderson (Actress and Host), Nikita S. Adams (Television & Film Development and Production Executive) and Dr. Badewa T. Adejugbe Williams (Actress, Director, Producer and Stage Manager).
This spectacular event was a testament to the AFRO Awards mission of celebrating excellence and humanitarian contributions on a global scale. The red carpet was graced by an array of celebrities, dignitaries, and community leaders, setting the stage for a night of unity, inspiration, and cultural appreciation.
The 2nd Annual AFRO Awards highlighted not only the incredible achievements of its honorees but also the power of humanitarianism to drive positive change in our world. It was an evening that will be remembered for its glamor, inspiration, and the promise of a brighter future.
Board Member, Director, and Executive Producer Noah Omobolanle Ogun Oluyide: The 2nd Annual AFRO Awards was executed with the utmost finesse under the stewardship of AFRO Awards Board Member, Director, and Executive Producer Noah Omobolanle Ogun Oluyide for an outstanding second time around. Mr. Ogun Oluyide, Founder and President of Top Dreams Universal garnered the 2023 AFRO Awards honorees and presenters and executive produced the award show. His creative vision and dedication ensured the event’s resounding success.
Board Member, Fatimoh Muhammed: Founder and CEO of Wamufat International Inc, Entertainment Executive, Digital Marketer, Real
Estate Mogul, and Serial Entrepreneur has been supporting AFRO Awards since its maiden with her financial resources to keep the award platform with a longevity expectancy.
About the AFRO Awards Founder and CEO Taiwo Oduala: The AFRO Awards was founded by the visionary Taiwo Oduala, a dynamic leader committed to celebrating excellence and humanitarian efforts within the African and African diaspora communities. He is a Nigerian-born entertainment executive and filmmaker. He is also the CEO of Oduataj Productions Entertainment Inc. and Oduataj Non-Profit Foundation. His dedication and passion have been instrumental in establishing the AFRO Awards as a platform for recognizing those who make a meaningful impact on a global scale.
Sponsors and Thanks: The AFRO Awards extends heartfelt thanks to its sponsors: Oduataj Entertainment, Oduataj Foundation, Top Dreams Universal, Noah O. Foundation, Star Beer USA, Media Spill Network, Calabasas Social, Wamufat Farms, Sayflexxyblog Media House LTD, GO Associates, LTD, The Agic Group Holding, AGIC Energy, Staff Today Inc., The Peejay Home Team, Cyril Robinson Digital PR, Legacy Tailor, Compassion Without Borders, African Chop, and Nova African Kitchen.
For more information about the AFRO Awards and to view highlights from this year’s event, please visit www.afroawards.org.